- 1.5 bread dough loaf, thawed (I purchased Rhodes at Walmart. They also have wheat loaves.)
- 2 cups of your favorite cheese (mozzarella, cheddar, Italian mix, Muenster)
- 1/2 c. spinach
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/3 c. onion
- 1/3 c. of olive oil
- 1 (8oz.) package of pepperoni , you will only use half of it.
- 3 slices salami
- 1 lb. ground Italian sausage browned
- loaf pans or Bundt pan
- large mixing bowl
Optional (I did not do this, but feel free to add your twist!):
- 1 cup of Parmesan
- 1/4 cup melted butter with 1 teaspoon garlic powder (for brushing once cooked the pull apart)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Brown the Italian sausage in a skillet, let it sit until needed.
- Cut bread dough into squares. I cut the loaves into quarters and sliced those into squares. (as shown in the photo)
- Cut the pepperoni, salami, onions, and spinach.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl including sausage, add oil, and toss to spread evenly on each piece of dough.
- Fill Bundt or loaf pan with mixture and top with more cheese!
7. Bake for 30-40 minutes (or until the top is brown and the center is cooked thoroughly.)
TIP: Be sure to check it in the middle before you pull it out. If the middle is still not cooked thoroughly be sure to leave it in another five minutes at a time until it’s done. I turned the oven down 10 degrees and let it cook, monitoring it.
8. Flip over on to a plate while it’s still hot or leave in the dish to cool, slightly, and eat from the dish.
You can brush it with garlic mixture. I served it slightly cooled with marinara sauce, adding in a little tomato basil spaghetti sauce. Note: You can make it vegetarian by making it all vegetables!
Serve and enjoy!
Then, come back and let me know how much you enjoyed it!!