Your playing small does not serve the world.
There’s nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other
people won’t feel insecure around you.
We were born to make manifest the glory of
God that is within us.
It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine,
we unconsciously give other people
permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear,
Our presence automatically liberates others.
3. Inspiring – It is my firm belief that as I live out my purpose, liberate myself in the process, allow for vulnerability, and express me it will inspire. We sometimes think that progress happens in solitude, but it actually happens gradually as others watch. And, often they are inspired by our process and progress. So, at day 33, I’m clear about my desire to live beyond what I’ve known and having the result be inspiration to others.
4. Drive for the Attainment of an Ideal – I can’t add much to this because it leaves me slightly speechless. I live this daily, there is an ideal that I desire to attain. Not as a place, but a feeling or way of Being. An ideal is simply about what is suitable, a perspective on perfection, or a desire that one wants to bring to reality. With this fast, I can truly say it I’ve seen clearly what I want to bring to fruition, and live in reality. What is that? I desire to be financially stable at a new level, happy regardless of the circumstances, travel, buy a new car, move into a nice house, enjoy the relationship with my son, build a business that serves teens and families, and have a significant relationship that is easy, enjoyable, fun, and supportive. That’s it.
5. Comprehend Before Addressing – I love this! I’ve learned it intimately this past week. I was in a situation where two groups wanted me to “choose” without them actually saying so. Instead of addressing either immediately, I sat back to think about what I was seeing and feeling. As a result I was able to discern what was best for me, address the situation in my mind, and communicate. Am I an expert? No, but I desire t be a ninja at it!
6. Capable, Pragmatic, Disciplined, and Confident – Okay, I added these together because I didn’t want the list to be overwhelming. Briefly, have always had an internal struggle with feeling capable, being disciplined, and exuding confidence in certain areas. To my defense, I’m pretty pragmatic, at times, but that could use some work. During this time I have recognized the areas where I am lacking, not as a bad thing, but as a way to build a muscle. I played volleyball and basketball, in those sports there were areas where I was extremely strong, and other areas where I needed to spend time to build my proficiency to be better. Most of the time that was simply a matter of repetition and coaching. So, I’m taking coaching from two Australians and creating new possibilities.
7. Creativity – At the heart of who I am, I have always been a free-spirited creative person. And so, I’m embracing that in many ways and watching it play out. My son and I have created a popcorn company, we sell at the local farmer’s market and are just rolling with it. Who knows what might come of it, but we are definitely working with our creativity. Creativity s something that gives me life, enjoyment, and is my expression of self. The past 33 days, have reminded of creating. Creating my life, creating the love I want, creating relationships I desire, creating a new level of possibility, and creating as way of being.
I hope that over the past 33 days, someone gets to see that things are possible if you simply choose to do something different. Last year, when I did my first 40 day fast, I was asked by someone what had me do it. The only thing I could say was that I wanted something different for myself and my life, and I know that to get something I’ve never had I’d have to do something I’ve never done. And, that’s what it takes to get what you want, desire, and to live an extraordinary life. Do what you’ve never done before, talk yourself INTO it. You are worth it!
In the past week, I’ve added walking and seen 5 lbs drop quickly along with 1″ above and below my belly button, combined (my trouble spots). With that, I’ve added in extra stretching for another small workout.
I am excited about the transition to a new physique, nutrition, cooking, foods, career, and changing the products 2.0 (my son) and I use. It’s all in the name of wellness – mind, body, spirit, and finances. You are welcome to ask questions in the comments or INBOX me.
DAY 33 WEIGHT LOSS: 5 lbs.
Cumulative Loss to Date: 35lb.
Left: September 6, 2014
Right: July 2014